**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
In this week’s episode, I sit down with India, who lives in the UK.
India struggled with her eating disorder for a decade, beginning at age 11. In this episode, India shares her story of healing and what she does on a daily basis to stay committed to her recovery.
India also shares about her current recovery journey with borderline personality disorder, which she was diagnosed with a year ago.
Listen in as we talk about:
- Dealing with her decade-long eating disorder beginning from the age of 11
- When she was able to commit to her recovery
- The tools she uses to support her continued recovery from her eating disorder
- How she’s healing her borderline personality disorder
- Her views on self love and living fully
National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA): https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
- Toll-Free Phone Number: 1-800-931-2237
- Helpline phone hours are Monday-Thursday 11AM-9PM ET & Friday 11AM-5PM ET.
- Helpline chat hours are Monday-Thursday 9AM-9PM ET & Friday 9AM-5PM ET.
- Helpline text pilot hours are Monday-Thursday 3PM-6PM ET.
- For 24/7 crisis support, text ‘NEDA’ to 74174
Additional resources for Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder:
Note: Not all those who suffer from Bulimia, purge. To get rid of calories and prevent weight gain, people with bulimia may misuse laxatives or weight-loss supplements, diuretics or enemas after bingeing. Or, people will try other things such as fasting, strict dieting or excessive exercise.
Connect with India here:
Connect with Susan