**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
who is an Intuitive Eating and Holistic Health Coach with a decade of experience.
Her work is largely inspired by her early struggles with disordered eating. Today she’s completely recovered, and a full intuitive eater.
In her private practice she works with women who want to break the diet cycle, develop unconditional self-love and trust, restore their natural metabolism, and feel really good in their bodies.
As a teacher and writer she’s developed curriculum for the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and written for Mind Body Green, Teen Vogue, and Time Out New York, among other publications.
Listen in as we talk about:
- Lula’s motivation to seek help in her recovery
- What to do if your recovery is in a grey zone (undiagnosed but still wanting help)
- How to support your recovery by minimizing energy leaks
- The benefits of meditation in your recovery journey
- Tips to practice intuitive eating
National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA): https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
- Toll-Free Phone Number: 1-800-931-2237
- Helpline phone hours are Monday-Thursday 11AM-9PM ET & Friday 11AM-5PM ET.
- Helpline chat hours are Monday-Thursday 9AM-9PM ET & Friday 9AM-5PM ET.
- Helpline text pilot hours are Monday-Thursday 3PM-6PM ET.
- For 24/7 crisis support, text ‘NEDA’ to 74174
Additional resources for Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder:
Note: Not all those who suffer from Bulimia, purge. To get rid of calories and prevent weight gain, people with bulimia may misuse laxatives or weight-loss supplements, diuretics or enemas after bingeing. Or, people will try other things such as fasting, strict dieting or excessive exercise.
Connect with Lula here:
Connect with Susan