**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
In this week’s episode, I sit down with 19-year-old Brianna Bradford.
Brianna shares her story of how she struggled with self-injurious behavior from ages 13-17. She started therapy following her first suicide attempt and was diagnosed with Depression and BPD. Throughout her journey, she has also dealt with disordered eating and chronic suicidal thoughts which lead to attempts and inpatient admissions.
Although Brianna has made it through to the other side, she shares that occasionally, she still experiences tough days.
Listen in as we talk about:
- The impact of social media on her introduction to self-harm
- How she hid her self-harm from friends and family for three years
- The early stages of her recovery and how she navigated it with her mom
- How her recovery got worse with attempted suicide before she got better
- The benefits of medication
Connect with Brianna here:
Connect with Susan