**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
In this week’s episode, I sit down with Giada, an activist for the LGBTQ+ community.
Giada lives in Florence, Italy, and tells us their story of coming out as non-binary. They also take us down the path to self-discovery and how they learned about their identity in a world that doesn’t quite seem to fit.
Listen in as we talk about:
- When Giada started questioning their identity
- The moment Giada realized their identity and orientation
- How Giada overcame the bullying they faced in school
- Why Giada stopped therapy and how they began cutting
- How Giada is challenging the conversation with their advocacy work on their own and being a part of an LGBTQ+ group
Connect with Giada here:
Connect with Susan