**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
How does our perspective of ourselves impact how we show up in the world?
If we’re being honest, it’s easy to go down a spiral of negative self-talk and find the reasons why we aren’t good or deserving enough.
But, what if we took a different approach? Or chose a different mindset? What would the outcome be, and how would we benefit from it?
This month’s series interviewing non-binary people has brought so much understanding to light, for both myself and our listeners. I close out this incredible series with K Alexander, a Canadian non-binary actor, youtuber and musician.
We talk about resilience, self love, and how the internal shifts we get to choose to make can impact our life significantly. It’s not all sunshine and rainbows though as we dive into some of the harder moments that helped K become the person they are today.
Listen in as we talk about:
- How K came out on the internet without their parents knowing, and the impact it had on them
- Not fitting into the typical gender stereotypes
- K’s overnight success with their film
- How K transformed their mindset from a losing to a winning mindset, and what winning looks like for them
- What it means to K to be non-binary
- K’s perspective on bodies, and the labels put on them
- Why it’s okay and normal for our sexual identity to change and evolve
- How K continues to transform the conversation today
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with K here:
Connect with Susan