**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
In this episode, I sit down with Lia Athena, a young, biracial, queer author and background actor in New York City. She’s appeared in films and shows such as Gotham, SVU, and Billions.
Lia is inspired by the world around her and embraces her creativity and emotions to write stories that feel real and pull readers into her imagination.
Listen in as we talk about:
- What it was like growing up with both Korean and White cultures
- Growing up with confusion around her sexuality, and how she knew she was attracted to girls
- How Lia worked through life’s lonely moments, living in a more rural area
- Leaving College and moving back home to pursue acting and writing
- Her inspiration in writing her book, and how her own writing frightened her
Connect with Lia here:
Connect with Susan