**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
In this episode, Aimee McKee joins us to share her story of losing her brother at a young age.
Aimee is 23 and lives in Belfast, Ireland. She was 17 when her brother died at the age of 31 from an undiagnosed heart condition.
Listen in as we talk about:
- The day she found out her brother died, and later on found out that her mom had tried to resuscitate him.
- Going through inconclusive autopsies and tests surrounding his death, and ultimately finding out that he died of a heart condition.
- How she navigated the complex emotions of receiving her own diagnosis of a new illness, the loss of her brother, and grieving mother.
- Experiencing grief in different stages
- The guilt she experienced surrounding moving out and into new life stages
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Aimee here:
Connect with Susan