**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
The human spirit is remarkably strong and resilient. Some people have endured tremendous hardship and unspeakable losses. Often we’ll hear one of these stories and wonder, “How did they find the strength to go on?” While there are so many reasons people find the fortitude and courage to pick up the pieces of their lives and carry on, a common theme among them is their unwavering faith in life.
My guest Lisa Winston shares her story of going through and processing multiple types of losses and grief, from Lyme disease, to breast cancer, and losing her home in a wildfire.
She reminds us that it’s in those darkest moments that we can turn to our spirituality, and the light within us to find a way through and out.
Lisa is a gifted vocalist, #1 international bestselling author, TV host, inspirational speaker, artist and mom. A life of extreme challenges, including losing her home to wildfire, breast cancer, and neurological-Lyme disease, made her hungry for a deeper connection to Source and determined to find her true calling.
Today, she shares the message that life is always happening FOR you and challenges are sent to refine, not define you. Lisa has produced many influential global summits and is also regularly featured on national radio, podcasts and in magazines such as Thrive Global/Medium Magazine.
She co-hosts The Mindset Reset TV Show, a weekly series which reaches millions worldwide, and is grateful to be mom to her beautiful daughter, Sarah, and to live, teach and speak across the globe with her love and life partner, Dr. Joe Vitale.
Listen in as we talk about:
- Lisa’s deepest moments of grief in losing her home to a wildfire and then getting diagnosed with breast cancer
- How Spirit nudges us when we aren’t listening
- Leaning into the nudges to allow change and growth
- Dealing with grief years later in order to move forward
- How Lisa mustered the courage to change her life
- The difference between toxic positivity and shifting your mindset
- Why you need to acknowledge and honor your feelings
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Rock On: Mining for Joy in the Deep River of Sibling Grief by Susan E. Casey
- Excuse Me Your Life is Waiting by Lynn Grabhorn
- Energy Medicine by Donna Eden
- Wealth Without Resistance Ebook by Lisa Winston
- Access Lisa’s course here (password protected – please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the password).
Connect with Lisa here:
Connect with Susan