**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
In this episode, I sit down with Rebecca Clukey, who lost her 25-year-old son Skyler in February 2021 from drugs laced with Fentanyl.
She courageously shares her story and her grieving process in hopes to help others who have lost.
Rebecca shares how the death of her son changed her life, and how she honors who he was every single day.
Listen in as we talk about:
- [1:00] Who Skyler was
- [2:35] The life events that led Skyler to self-medicate using prescription drugs
- [7:00] The story of how Skyler got his hands on those drugs
- [12:26] Getting kicked out of school, becoming aggressive and eventually moving in with his father
- [15:50] The events that led to overdosing on drugs laced with fentanyl more than 3 times in 2019, and how it sparked Skyler’s desire to stop using drugs
- [19:40] How Rebecca found out her son had passed away
- [26:15] Rebecca’s grieving process
- [37:45] Some things Rebecca did to survive this time in her life
- [44:00] How Skyler’s death has transformed Rebecca
- [48:10] What self love looks like for Rebecca now
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Rebecca here:
Connect with Susan