**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
Narcissism is a hard topic, and it’s no different for my guest Brittany Anderson. In this episode, Brittany shares her story of losing her sister to cerebral palsy at a young age and choosing to end the relationship with her father due to his narcissistic tendencies.
As you’ll hear in our conversation, Brittany’s experience was so profound given the estranged relationship she had with her father and the grief she was left to navigate after his passing.
Brittany Anderson began her career as the COO for Sweet Financial Services, a premiere wealth planning firm that specializes in helping people live their retirement dreams. Brittany’s true passion lies in helping people become the best version of themselves, which is why she partnered with Bryan Sweet to create Dare to Dream Enterprises, which helps growth-minded individuals focus on all things positive, while striving to achieve their greatest aspirations in life. Brittany lives in rural Sherburn, MN with her husband David and daughter’s Jersey & Stella. In her free time she enjoys spending quality time with her family, working on the latest repurposing project and spending time outdoors.
Listen in as we talk about:
- [3:45] Brittany’s relationship with her dad and choosing to have him not be a part of her life
- [5:00] Processing the loss of her father
- [9:00] How her father influenced Brittany’s sister to stop talking to her
- [13:00] The differences between both griefs
- [18:30] What Brittany’s grief work looked like
- [31:00] The beauty that has bloomed with experienced tragedy
- [35:00] The importance of forgiveness
- [40:00] What self love means to Brittany now
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Rock On: Mining for Joy in the Deep River of Sibling Grief by Susan E. Casey
- Imagine. Act. Inspire: A Daily Journal by Brittany Anderson
Connect with Brittany here:
Connect with Susan