**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
In this episode, Alexa Norton joins me to share about her father’s sudden death while skiing, and how she and her family picked up the pieces after he was gone.
Alexa Norton was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah, and currently lives in San Diego. She has three older sisters and has been married for five years. She has taken her grief, surrounding the death of her father and transformed it into light and healing for all those she crosses paths with.
Listen in as we talk about:
- [1:40] Alexa’s dad’s upbringing, how he was adopted, and how she learned about his past after his death
- [3:00] Her dad’s skiing accident and sudden death
- [10:00] How difficult it was to watch her mom and family grieve
- [16:45] How they navigated grief individually and as a family
- [23:20] How her dad’s death changed her perspective on life
- [27:00] How Alexa’s relationships changed after the loss of her dad
- [40:20] The signs Alexa has received from her dad
- [45:00] What self love looks like now
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Alexa here:
Connect with Susan