**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
In this episode, I sit down with Tiphany Kane, who lost her best friend Noni to breast cancer.
Tiphany shares about what it was like watching her friend go through such a horrific illness, what it did to her body, how the medical system failed her, and then how she navigated life post-loss.
Tiphany Kane, M. Ed. is the “The Heck Yes! Coach”. She is an entrepreneur, public speaker, podcast host, and writer, who brings her passion for the art of the spoken word to people who need help finding their voice.
Tiphany is passionate about coaching women to turn life’s painful “no’s” in life & business into empowered opportunities to find the “Heck YES!”.
She weaves in her personal experiences of escaping a cult-like religion, leaving an abusive marriage, and starting a new business after 20 years in public education to connect with women overcoming challenges.
Listen in as we talk about:
- [1:25] How Noni and Tiphany met, and who Noni was
- [4:20] Noni’s predisposition to breast cancer due to having the BRCA gene, and how the medical system failed her
- [7:35] How Tiphany coped with finding out the news about Noni
- [14:00] Does it make a difference if it’s a long death vs. a very quick death?
- [20:00] Why Tiphany’s then marriage fell apart after Noni’s death
- [32:20] How Tiphany processed her grief
- [34:10] What it means to be a ‘Heck Yes’ coach
- [42:50] What self love looks like for Tiphany now
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Rock On: Mining for Joy in the Deep River of Sibling Grief by Susan E. Casey
- Mastermind Application https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/d6k9a8
Connect with Tiphany here:
Connect with Susan