**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
In this episode, I sit down with Kelley Green-Chartier, who lost her older brother Eric to a car accident in November of 1981.
He was her best friend, and while she misses him everyday, she knows he is with her and is guiding her.
Kelley says that loss is something that never leaves us. Some days are tougher than others, but the loss and grief never truly ends.
My book, Rock On: Mining for Joy in the Deep River of Sibling Grief, was gifted to Kelley from a dear friend, and she felt a connection as soon as she started to read it. Kelley and I both know that our brothers brought us together.
Our Angels are among us, always!
Listen in as we talk about:
- [0:50] How Susan and Kelley met unexpectedly
- [2:50] Kelley’s brother’s sudden death
- [8:40] How Kelley picked up the pieces and moved through her life after his passing
- [11:55] Did his death change the trajectory of Kelley’s life?
- [15:15] The gifts that have shown up as a result of his death
- [24:40] Did Kelley, her parents and siblings do any grief work?
- [33:15] Kelley’s belief of the afterlife and how it changed after his death
- [36:30] Seeing signs from her loved ones who have crossed over
- [43:40] How Kelley gets in touch with her loved ones on the other side
- [50:25] What self love looks like for Kelley now
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Kelley here:
Connect with Susan