In this episode, I sit down with Erin P.S. Zimmerman, who talks about her three significant encounters with grief that changed her life.
As you’ll hear in this episode, the first was losing her brother Nathan at birth, the second was losing her friend Bruno to police brutality on his wedding night, and the third was losing her best friend – her Granny.
Erin has an incredible perspective on grief and I know you will find this episode moving and enlightening.
Erin is the owner of EZ Visibility, where she serves as The Visibility Strategist, as well as a video and podcast producer, helping marginalized voices create fun, sustainable action plans to grow their brand and make a name for themselves.
**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
Listen in as we talk about:
- [1:40] Experiencing the loss of the stilllborn birth of her brother
- [7:40] How she lost her friend Bruno to police brutality
- [10:40] How Erin and her friends and community navigated losing Bruno
- [17:50] Has death made Erin more fearful of life?
- [22:10] Tips to navigate the anger grief brings
- [20:30] Losing her Granny and best friend
- [38:20] Erin’s perspective on grief and loss
- [42:40] What self love looks like for Erin today
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Erin here:
Connect with Susan