In this episode, I sit down with Taylor Efford, whose life changed drastically after receiving a Type 1 Diabetes diagnosis.
As you’ll hear in our conversation, coming to terms with her new reality and learning to live her life differently has brought many challenges and also many blessings to her life.
Taylor is an Actor and influencer on TikTok and Instagram, where she shares authentic and real content about skincare and makeup.
**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
Listen in as we talk about:
- [1:30] Life before Type 1 Diabetes
- [10:40] The difference between Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- [12:00] How this diagnosis changed Taylor’s life and the grieving that came with it
- [23:30] The insights Taylor has had about life since her diagnosis
- [28:25] The impact this has had on her family and friends
- [31:26] How Taylor processed her grief
- [46:40] What self love looks like for Taylor now
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Taylor here:
Connect with Susan