In this episode, I sit down with Muriel Toubassy, a passionate teacher of 10 years and a mom who survived her first year of motherhood, all while navigating the many layers of grief.
This story is a bit different than past episodes, as we explore how Muriel navigates the grief associated with her father’s cancer diagnosis. She also shares how she, and her one-year-old daughter, have played a big role in his recovery journey.
**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
Listen in as we talk about:
- [3:50] Muriel’s relationship with her dad, their backstory and his cancer diagnosis
- [12:40] The effects of his treatment and surgery
- [15:15] Muriel’s grief journey as a daughter, while raising her daughter
- [18:20] Choosing to take a step back and creating boundaries
- [26:50] How Muriel has processed her grief and guilt
- [46:35] What self love looks like for Muriel now
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Muriel here:
Connect with Susan