In this episode, I sit down with Ambyr Rose, who has a powerful story of tragedy, love and healing to share with you. She lost her partner to a drug overdose, her brother by the police, and in 2021, she lost her six-month-old nephew due to negligence at daycare.
Ambyr is a singer, Airbnb host, pet sitter, voice actress and hearing aid specialist. She often finds herself sharing some of the more painful and unbelievable tragedies of her life so people know it’s possible to keep moving forward – that we aren’t alone in unforeseen circumstances.
**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
Listen in as we talk about:
- [2:30] Her partner Jordan’s battle with sobriety, which led to his eventual passing
- [10:30] How grief hit Ambyr, and the ways in which she navigated her deep anger
- [13:50] What a grief share group is
- [25:50] How the loss of her partner prepared her for navigating the loss of her brother in a police shootout
- [29:50] The guilt Ambyr carries around the loss of her brother
- [34:30] How her nephew died by suffocation
- [38:05] The value of doing grief work before loss actually happens
- [42:50] How Ambyr was able to lay down her guilt
- [50:55] What self love looks like for Ambyr today
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Rock On: Mining for Joy in the Deep River of Sibling Grief by Susan E. Casey
Connect with Ambyr here:
Connect with Susan