In this episode, Jim Padilla shares his story about rebuilding his life after foster care and prison.
Jim’s story is a winding road of struggle and pain, yet offers a dose of hope, encouragement, and perseverance.
He shares about how he turned his unimaginable challenges into the life he has today, and how he’s helping other men in similar situations do the same.
Jim Padilla is a Global Impact Strategist & Investor and the founder and CEO of Gain The Edge – a done-for-you provider of industry-leading sales systems and unicorn sales professionals which he co-heads with his wife and entrepreneurial partner-in-crime, Cyndi Padilla.
Through their unique blend of laser-targeted selling systems, inspirational team-building expertise, and 60+ years of combined sales experience – Jim and his wife have generated over 1/4bn in sales for a long line of high-level, visionary entrepreneurs.
It’s why, over the last near-decade, Jim has become the online education industry’s go-to expert on launching, high-ticket sales, live events, and one-to-many scaling. Jim’s mission is to help purpose-driven thought-leaders untangle themselves from the day-to-day minutiae of seeking leads and sales for their business so they’re free to amplify their impact – while scaling their business to the moon (and beyond)! When Jim’s not making dollars rain down from the sky, you’ll regularly find him at the driving range – hitting a bucket of balls.
Jim credits his time on the driving range as the main source of his best ideas. That and spending time with his 3 grandsons…and exploring his new home state of Tennessee alongside his wife, Cyndi.
**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
Listen in as we talk about:
- [1:30] What it was really like balancing foster care, jail and trying to have a “normal” life
- [4:00] Growing up feeling undervalued and worthless
- [7:25] The self harm that came with the result of an abusive mother
- [11:00] Jim’s journey through foster care
- [15:25] How Jim’s life changed when his brother took his own life
- [18:30] The catalyst moment where Jim’s life changed forever
- [27:10] Turning to faith and rebuilding his life
- [32:30] How Jim is helping those who need it, and supporting entrepreneurs in their creative pursuits
- [37:40] Helping others fill the gap between prison and back into the community
- [43:20] What self love looks like for Jim today
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Jim here:
Connect with Susan