Nick Mueller is no stranger to loss. In this episode, he shares his story and relationship with grief, starting when his mother passed away at an early age.
Through the years, Nick experienced the loss of his grandparents, uncle, his father’s grim diagnosis, and losing his pets – which ultimately, as he said, sent him over the edge.
This, paired with what felt like a never-ending pandemic, sent Nick into a deep journey through grief.
Listen in to how he got through these dark moments, and what he did to transform his relationship with loss. Nick’s story is one of hope and perseverance, and you can feel his joy as he speaks about where he is today.
**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
Listen in as we talk about:
- [1:35] The domino effect of grief and loss
- [3:55] Why we minimize the loss we experience
- [5:00] Spiraling into a dark place once Covid hit
- [9:10] Nick’s process of pulling himself out of deep grief
- [13:20] His dance with suicidal ideation
- [16:45] Nick’s turning point
- [24:40] Choosing to actively change his life and not live this way anymore
- [29:30] How Nick rebuilt himself coming out of this dark period
- [38:40] What self love looks like for Nick today
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Nick here:
Connect with Susan