This episode is part 2 of a three-part series with my guest Sean Dustin.
His story is one of struggle, drugs, alcoholism, recovery, hope and the power it took to turn his life around. I was moved to tears multiple times throughout the course of this interview, and I know you will be too.
Sean is an addict on his own path of recovery. He was addicted to meth for 18 years, and quit in 2010. He picked up an addiction to painkillers for 7 years after that. He spent 3 years in prison as a result of his addiction. Now, Sean is a father, a union tradesman, a cultivator, and a podcaster.
**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
Listen in as we talk about:
- [0:50] Finding strippers with low self esteem to build up his own ego
- [5:55] Getting caught cheating, breaking up with his girlfriend, and her going into labor
- [17:40] Drunk driving, getting arrested and digging deeper into this dark hole
- [23:25] Going to jail and getting his parental rights removed by the court
- [31:30] Creating a business around stealing and reselling items
- [37:10] The police busting his house filled with stolen items and eventually arresting him
- [46:55] Setting up an identity theft operation
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Connect with Sean here:
Connect with Susan