Welcome to LEAP, where we sit down with people from all over the world to hear their transformational stories and perspectives on their grief and loss journeys.
In this episode, we are joined by Maryann, an intuitive soul reader who shares her insights on how we can connect with our intuition and find joy amidst grief. Maryann begins by explaining what an intuitive soul reader is and how she got introduced to it. She then shares how she receives her downloads and ways to differentiate between intuition and other external sources of information.
Maryann also explores why people lose touch with their intuition and the different ways we can meditate to tap into it. She offers recommendations for people who are just starting their meditation practices and emphasizes the importance of learning how to sit quietly with our feelings.
The conversation then shifts to the topic of grief and how we can find joy again amidst it. Maryann shares her thoughts on shifting from a place of feeling to wisdom and offers words of wisdom for those missing the physical presence of loved ones.
Towards the end of the episode, Maryann talks about what self-love means to her and leaves us with a powerful message of hope.
Maryann’s journey from many years of Emergency Nursing to alternative healing has included Massage Therapy and Reflexology education at the Polarity Realization Center in Portland, Maine and advanced training in CranioSacral Therapy at the Upledger Institute of Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. She is also a Reiki Master/Teacher and enjoyed teaching the Doctors, Nurses and Volunteers of Southern Maine Hospice Center Reiki Level l paid for though a Grant the center was gifted as well as her part time faculty position at USM teaching Reiki.
Her greatest gifts as an Intuitive, however, was re-awakened through her studies of Intuition Therapy and Soul Readings with renowned healer and author, Rosalie Deer Heart, which she now enjoys sharing world wide in her very busy practice.
You can find Maryann in her Scarborough, Maine office, or catch her when she visits her Nashville, TN or Dallas, TX offices or enjoy a phone/Virtual session with her.
Whether you’re a seasoned meditator or new to the world of intuition, this episode has something for everyone. Join us as we explore the power of intuition, meditation, and self-love with Maryann.
**TRIGGER WARNING** This episode covers sensitive subject matter and is not suitable for all listeners. If this topic could be a trigger for you, listen to this episode with a friend, a sibling, a loved one or a parent so you can talk about any emotions that come up for you. The contents of this episode are not intended to replace therapy and should not be taken as such. If you need immediate help, please call the crisis hotline listed below in our resources.
Listen in as we talk about:
- [1:05] What is an Intuitive Soul Reader and how Maryann got introduced to it
- [2:40] How Maryann receives her downloads
- [5:40] Ways to know what comes from our intuition
- [6:40] Why people lose touch with their intuition
- [8:25] The different ways we can meditate
- [11:00] Recommendations for people who are starting their meditation practices
- [19:10] Learning how to sit quietly with our feelings
- [23:00] Shifting from a place of feeling to wisdom
- [29:35] Learning how to find joy again amidst grief
- [37:20] Words of wisdom for people missing the physical presence of loved ones
- [40:25] What self love means to Maryann
- [41:00] Hope is…
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Rock On: Mining for Joy in the Deep River of Sibling Grief by Susan E. Casey
Connect with Maryann here:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/maemaerussell/
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/MaryannBRussel1
Connect with Susan